Friday, August 30, 2013

Back in Elementary!

I'm back!! After a hiatus into the world of teaching high school art, I am in elementary and back to doing these fun, kid-friendly projects. I couldn't be more excited to be at two wonderful schools in a great county! We're in the third week of school now and while I don't have any completed projects to share just yet, I do have some books and resources that I am excited about using this year in the art room. We use sketchbooks with all of the children in every grade level. I found this short video that I show to everyone but Kinder before we make our sketchbooks. All the grade levels think this guy is hysterical. Personally, I am glad this is a short video as I find him a tad annoying but who cares what I think!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KflV1CeCj4o
The same week that I used this video with the other grades, I read "A Dot is a Line That Went for a Walk" to Kinder. I stumbled across a copy of the story on Slideshare so I was able to read it to the kids from the projector so everyone could see. They drew their lines in the sketchbook as we read the story. http://www.slideshare.net/PHrbacek/a-line-is-a-dot-that-went-for-a-walk

I also have some great story books that I found this year. These two have been a big hit so far. Both Kinder and 1st thought they were hilarious!!






I also got this one but I haven't test driven it yet. I got it for our collage activities because all of the illustrations are made from collage.
 

 
Do you have any favorite books for the art room? Finished projects coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment